The Tewksbury Education Foundation (TEF) is a non-profit organization established to enhance and expand educational opportunities for more than 600 students in two schools of the Tewksbury Township District. It is our mission to enrich and inspire the academic pursuits of all our students, from preschool through 8th grade. Since 1996, the TEF has contributed over $1.3 million to Tewksbury Township public schools in support of programs that will have a meaningful, long-term impact on the entire school community.
It is the mission of the Tewksbury Education Foundation to identify, generate and distribute financial and other resources to enhance the quality of educational opportunities for students in the district. Funds raised through generous private donations, grants and special events are used to directly support students, teachers and the administration in their quest for educational excellence now and in the future. A board of dedicated, volunteer directors govern the TEF and includes representation from the Tewksbury Township public schools (faculty, district superintendent, Board of Education President, Parent Teacher Association President).
The Foundation will carry out its mission by focusing support in the following areas:
- Supplemental, curriculum-based programming
- Interactive learning tools including technology initiatives
- Professional development for teachers, faculty and administration
- Mini-grants to support innovative ideas from faculty
- Scholarship for one well-rounded 8th grader to assist with post-secondary education
- Continued investment in our endowment, providing perpetual financial support
- Collaborate with the Tewksbury Township public schools to support programming aligned with the district’s strategic plan
- Provide unique enrichment programs to bridge the gap between the needs of the school community and the school budget
- Develop partnerships with individuals, families, school administration/staff and local businesses to improve awareness of educational challenges and solutions
- Inspire parents and alumni to participate in our mission and foster the success of the TEF by increasing private donations to support the Tewksbury Township public schools
Monies raised by the TEF fund the following at TES and OTS:
- Technology Grants—The TEF supports the Tewksbury Schools in their initiative to bring technology to the classroom. The TEF has donated Smartboards, iPads, laptops, software, and more. The TEF has also made significant contributions to enhance STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) opportunities in the classroom.
- Cultural Arts & Science Programs—The TEF is committed to enhancing the cultural arts and science programs in the schools through sponsored residencies and assemblies. Some examples of
residencies include poet BJ Ward, musician Andy Wasserman, Pearl Observatory’s Wonders of the Universe, Liberty Science Center’s The Skeleton in Me, Game U’s coding and Lego robotics, slam poet Gayle Danley, Broadway composer Jonathan Brielle, and more…
- Special Grants & Teacher Mini Grants—The TEF supports innovative faculty members with funds for special classroom and school projects that would not be made possible through the ordinary school-operating budget.
Founded in 1996, the Tewksbury Education Foundation is a non-profit community organization established exclusively to provide charitable and educational funding in Tewksbury Township. The TEF was founded by concerned parents, who foresaw a need to provide private funds to enhance and expand our educational programs. Funds are used to directly support our schools, teachers and students in a continuing effort to achieve educational excellence in Tewksbury.
Like all districts in New Jersey, the Tewksbury school budget is limited by a state spending cap that has been increased by only small amounts over the years, and we are not able to spend more public money than this state imposed cap allows. This restriction has had a significant impact on the educational programs of our district.
A board of dedicated directors manages the foundation. The board includes representation from the OTS and TES faculty, our superintendent, the Board of Education President and our PTA President. The Foundation has supported various cultural art programs, provided grants to innovative teachers and students and has allocated significant funds to our district’s technology plan – a comprehensive plan incorporating grades K–8. In addition, we have begun an Endowment Program, are researching grant opportunities and are actively exploring other fund raising avenues to further support our schools, today and in the future.
For more information or to get involved with The Tewksbury Education Foundation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org