The wellness residency is back this year!
Over the next 8 months, fourth grade students will receive six in-class sessions, provided by ProActivity Associates, that will focus on the following five key elements:
- MOVE – provides an introduction to how our bodies work (i.e., heart rate, breathing, muscles)
- FUEL – explains how we can fuel our bodies with healthy foods to help foster an active life
- RECOVER – a two-part series focusing on the need for rest, recovery and sleep as well as strategies such as visualization and mindfulness to relax and focus
- ENDURE – emphasizes resilience and endurance in the face of challenges and setbacks
- CONNECT – reviews how a healthy environment and social support can help us achieve our goals
Additionally, all students at TES (K-4) will be part of an interactive wellness assembly in January and a pep rally in May leading up to the 2nd Annual TEF Tiger Trot to be held on May 21st, 2017.